While Gmail, the Google email service, is quite reliable, you will still may wish to download important business correspondence in your computer’s disk drive. Gmail Backup is really a program made specifically for this reason, but it is buggy and not suitable for Windows 7, because it has not been updated since 2009. At the time of this writing, the simplest way to save Google email messages is with your desktop email program, since Gmail uses the regular POP3 mail system. Thunderbird, which happens to be free, and Microsoft Outlook, which is included if you purchase Microsoft Office, are both easy to configure for Save emails to PDF.
1. Launch Gmail and sign in together with your usual account information. Wait a second or two for your personal mailbox to start.
2. Click on the icon of your gear over a white background located on the right-hand corner in the mailbox page to start the principle settings prompt. Select “Settings” inside the pull-down menu that appears.
3. Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab within the Settings page. This is the fifth tab from your left.
4. Scroll right down to the Pop Download part of the page, the second section from your top. Check either the top radio button marked “Enable POP for many Mail (even mail that’s previously been downloaded)” or the one right under it marked “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now On” depending upon whether you need to download and save old messages to your computer.
5. Choose the option that is certainly handiest to suit your needs within the pull-down menu within the radio boxes that is certainly marked: “When messages are accessed with POP.” Keeping the default use of “Keep Gmail’s Copy in the Inbox” is often the easiest choice. Alternately, you may choose “Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read,” “Archive Gmail’s Copy” or “Delete Gmail’s Copy,” depending on how you want the copy that continues to be with your Gmail box to be handled.
6. Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom in the page.
7. Launch your email client and open the prompt that you employ to add a brand new account. Click “Local Folders” from the left-hand column of the home page of Thunderbird then click “Give A New Account.” Alternately, click “File” accompanied by “Info” then click the “Add Account” prompt which is marked with a plus sign and located toward the top of the the Outlook information page.
8. If using Thunderbird, type the requested information for Server into the respective text fields about the window that appears. Click the “Continue” prompt and let the automatic account setup to ensure the account settings. If using Outlook, click the “Manually Configure Server or Additional Server Types” radio t0PDF at the end from the Microsoft Outlook account window and keep to the directions in Steps 9 and 10.
9. Click “Next” at the bottom from the account information box in Outlook. Wait an additional to the “Choose Service” dialog box to look. Click “Next” again after confirming that this Internet E-mail default radio box is ticked in the Choose Service dialog box and wait a second to the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box to appear. Enter each of the information for your personal Gmail account within the respective fields. Enter “pop.gmail.com” as the incoming mail server and “smtp.gmail.com” because the outgoing mail server. Enter your complete e-mail address, including “@gmail.com,” within the “User Name” field.
10. Click the “More Settings” button with the lower right-hand side of the dialog box and wait a second for that Internet E-mail Settings box to appear. Click the “Outgoing Server” tab and then check the box marked “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Check the default “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” radio box and click “OK.” Click” Next” and wait a couple of seconds to the system to deliver and receive test email messages. Click “Close” from the test message box accompanied by “Finish” within the main dialog box to go back to the principle Outlook window.
11. Download the mail for the new account by selecting “Send/Receive.” All emails that you just download have become saved in the mail folder on your own hard drive drive.